Vasily Petrenko is among eight leading figures from the world of performing arts, politics, business and journalism to receive honorary degrees from the University of York. The University of York confers the honorary degree of Doctor of the University honoris causa on individuals who have made outstanding contributions to society. Vasily’s strong interest in public engagement and encouraging access to musical education are aligned with the University’s interest and support for the advancement of music education in the UK.
- Vasily Petrenko and Oslo Philharmonic Release R. Strauss: Eine Alpensinfonie, Tod und Verklärung
- Vasily Petrenko Makes “Spectacular Impression” in his Debuts at Carnegie Hall and with Bavarian Radio Symphony
- Vasily Petrenko’s Mahler Forms Centrepiece of Royal Philharmonic’s Ambitious New Association with Royal Albert Hall
- Vasily Petrenko to Make Metropolitan Opera Debut Conducting Tchaikovsky’s The Queen of Spades
- Oslo Philharmonic and Vasily Petrenko Celebrate the Orchestra’s Centenary with a European Tour