Vasily Petrenko and the RLPO continue their critically acclaimed Elgar project with Sea Pictures and The Music Makers, with Kathryn Rudge as soloist. Sea Pictures is one of the composer’s most popular works and as an orchestral song cycle stands alongside those by Mahler and Strauss. The Music Makers however has had a more troubled history. Elgar had worked on it on and off from 1903 and it was premiered in 1912. Both words and music came in for criticism. Elgar quotes from his symphonies, and ‘Nimrod’ as well as other sources. It can be viewed in the same way as ‘Ein Heldenleben’’ though here the composer is not a hero, but a bard.
- Vasily Petrenko and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra announces April – June concerts
- The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra returns to the Royal Albert Hall for online spring concert series
- VASILY PETRENKO APPOINTED AS NEW ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF THE STATE ACADEMIC SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA OF RUSSIA (SVETLANOV SYMPHONY)
- Vasily Petrenko’s New Album Prokofiev, Myaskovsky is Available 27 November
- New Concerts! Watch Vasily Petrenko & Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra on Demand