Programme: Shostakovich Ballet Suite No. 1 Mussorgsky St John's Night on the Bare Mountain Borodin "Polovtzian Dances" from Prince Igor Walton Henry
- Shostakovich Ballet Suite No. 1
- Mussorgsky St John’s Night on the Bare Mountain
- Borodin “Polovtzian Dances” from Prince Igor
- Walton Henry V Suite
- Elgar Spanish Serenade
- Wood, Henry Fantasia on British Sea Songs
- Elgar Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 in D major, Opus 39
- Vasily Petrenko conductor
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Choir
Plus usual Last Night of the Proms favourites – Land of Hope And Glory, Jerusalem, and Fantasia on British Sea Songs.
It’s the last night of the season so enjoy the pomp and circumstance of some much-loved British classics under the baton of our Chief Conductor, Vasily Petrenko! The programme also includes Elgar’s In the South, inspired by a town on the Italian Riviera where Elgar and his family holidayed in 1903/4.
Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
Hope St, Liverpool L1 9BP